Thousands of small and medium size enterprises are facing issues concerning succession every year. Most of them are family enterprises whose continuity is essential for the entrepreneurs and their families.
They have to deal with the following questions:
- To what extent do the participating persons’ values, goals and strategies match?
- In what way are the retiring entrepreneurs taken care of after they retire?
- Will the successors pay tribute, show appreciation and respect to the founding member’s efforts and achievements?
- Will all concerned accept the chosen order of succession?
- Is the economic framework realistic for the successors and their families?
- Will the different ways of life of the young and old generation harmonise?
- To what extent does the livelihood of employees find consideration in this change process?
As your coach and mediator, I offer you my experience and nonbiased advice.